Spring into Wedding Season!
The picture perfect wedding is the result of a year of planning on average. The dress. The flowers. The guest list. It’s no secret the stress of it all takes a toll on your health, especially your skin. If you’re a spring bride or the mother of the bride, there are steps you can take now to help your skin look picture perfect on the big day.
- Spring is here but winter took a toll. Exfoliating once a week helps eliminate the damage done by the low humidity and dry harsh winds of the winter. It removes dead skin cells and helps minimize pores so your skin will look dewy fresh as you walk down the aisle. And don’t forget to exfoliate your arms, shoulders and back, especially if the design of your gown draws attention to these areas.
- Small switch. Big results. Decrease gradually to totally eliminate caffeine consumption. Replace your lattes with water. Drinking water helps rid the body of toxins and increases hydration. And pumped up hydration helps create radiance and that famous bridal glow.
- The mother of the bride shines too. Even though it’s her daughter’s day, the mother of the bride wants to look her best too! Formal gowns often bring attention to the skin on the décolletage. Help restore healthy skin and diminish the signs of aging for this delicate area with Obagi ELASTIderm® Décolletage Products.
- Be ready for close-ups. A professional photographer will most likely be capturing the day’s events so both the bride and her mother will want to take special care with their makeup. Starting with a primer creates a base for wedding makeup by giving the skin a smoother texture, minimizing open pores, and making fine lines less obvious.
- Get your beauty sleep. It’s not easy when you’re a bride, but try to get some rest. The simple fact is it helps skin look better after a good night’s sleep. Lack of sleep can lead to dark circles under your eyes. So if you want your skin to look beautiful–get your beauty sleep!